Friday, March 10, 2006

Spring!

Okay, I know it is not officially spring yet......but today has been wonderful!

It is currently 75 degrees outside! Slight breeze, but not chilly. I was out with DD4 earlier planning where I want my flower beds out front. I have these ideas....plus even a couple of sketches, I now have to see if they are do-able. LOL

Not much else is going on, just fight spring fever.

This spring, some of the frugal ideas that I want to implement are:

Putting up a clothesline. Not only to save money on the electric dryer, but I LOVE the smell of sun-dried clothing, sheets and towels!

Building a chicken coop. This is still in the discussion and development stage. I need to make sure that I can devout the time to this. Also, DH wants to spend a week at the beach...so I have to make sure that someone can take care of them while we are gone. This might have to be a project that waits until next spring. Nothing is decided yet.

Put more attention to the garden this year. Last year, we let the weeds take over becasue we had so many other projects that NEEDED to get done. This year, there are fewer "have to's" around the house. I also plan to invest in more established plants instead of seeds. I am not experienced enough to start my own plants from seeds yet. But I will be someday!

That is all for now.

No comments: