Saturday, April 05, 2008

A question I was asked in a comment:

First off... thank you for your kind words Suzy, I appreciate them.

Okay, now the question:

"I do have a question if you don't mind--I was reading your menus and noted meat--I was under the impression that Jehovah Witness did not eat meat--could you educate me on that please?--from suzy."

What we eat is considered a personal choice. Although we are to take care of our bodies (no gluttony, or excessive drinking), there is no scriptures to back up the belief that the bible forbids the eating of meat.

Yes, Adam and Eve ate a vegetarian diet, but after the flood Jehovah gave mankind permission to eat meat. "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU." Genesis 9:3 (NWT) Also, some question whether we should remain "kosher"... this was part of the law covenant that was fulfilled in the death of Jesus. Also, Acts 10:9-16 shows where Peter was told “You stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed.” (verse 15b).

This is all to say that whether we choose to eat meat or not is solely a personal choice, and a personal matter.

I hope this helps answer your question... if not please don't hesitate to ask again. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Molly said...

I removed the post because it was incoherent ramblings that included profanity.

Two things that I will not allow in my comment sections.