Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Okay ladies, here is the recipe:

Taco Twist Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
3 cups rotini, cooked and drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup sour cream

Brown beef; drain. Stir in seasoning mix, tomato sauce and green pepper. Bring to a boil, remove from heat. Combine with cooked pasta, 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream. Pour into greased casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

** Here is the recipe in it's "original" state. Of course, I have changed it depending on my mood or what I have in the fridge. LOL

I have added corn to stretch it, omitted the green pepper when I did not have it. I know you understand. :-D

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh yummy! THNX! *off to add this to the next list!*

Sheree said...

Thankyou!!
I think I have all the ingredients for this in the fridge!! I am going to try it this week.

Sheree said...

You know, I was telling andrew about this and he reminded me that right after jake was born a lady from church brought this to us (as one of the meals for the week!)
It was really good. He said he remembered because she made it with ground deer and was concerned that we might have a problem with that. It was delish!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm gonna try this tonight, with a little tweaking...

Lately, I've been adding reconstituted bulgur wheat (cracked) to a lot of my recipes that call for ground meat. Blends in perfectly! Saves $$$, adds more B vitamins, and satisfies in a filling, stick-to-your-ribs kind of way.

About 1/3 to 1/2 the volume of 'ground meat' is substituted with bulgur. Delish!

Your recipe sounds yummy. I can hardly wait for suppertime!