Sunday, March 18, 2007

Stratagies for saving money on groceries. Part IV

Today's Topic: Shopping at Multiple Stores.

I find this one of the best ways to get the ultimate in grocery savings. This ties into the loss-leaders strategy from the previous topic. Check each ad to see if there are items worth purchasing. (This is where the price book comes in also.)

Included in this is for me to drive to Aldi's every 3-4 months (Aldi's is now an hour from where I live) for a larger "stock up". I have found that if I go every 3-4 months, I optimize my savings in balance with the cost of gas to drive there and back. I am also blessed to have a Hubby that works near Aldi's, so if I forget something or need something restocked before my next scheduled trip, he can do that for me on the way home.

**If you live somewhere where driving to several stores is NOT cost effective, you need to concentrate on the one store that gives you the best deals. This can mean different stores each week, but it takes knowing your prices.

No comments: