Monday, March 05, 2007

Stratagies for saving money on groceries. Part III

Today's topic: Loss-Leaders!

Loss-leaders are the "get you in the store" sale items that Grocery store chains put on the front page of their ads. They do this in the hopes that you will buy all your other groceries there, at THEIR high prices!

The way to take advantage of these are to buy ONLY the loss-leaders and then leave! LOL There is nothing wrong with doing this. You are not being dis-honest or unethical. I write this because I have heard people say these type of things in the past. Now, if you were not adhering to any limits or conditions to these prices, then I could see the point. BUT if this if the price the store is offering, then there is no reason that you HAVE to buy anything else.

This leads into the next topic on shopping multiple stores, which I will post about next time. :-)

1 comment:

Maggie said...

This is what I do. I am amazed sometimes at what people buy at the store when I am standing in line. I used to be one of those people! Now I always stock-up on loss leaders and do a little couponing to.