Saturday, March 24, 2007

Stratagies for saving money on groceries. Part V

Today's Topic: Coupons.

I use coupons, but not as much as some people might think. :-) I use coupons only when I am truly get a deal. Does that sound strange? Well, I found out that a coupon, in and of itself, does not guarantee a "good deal". I now only use them when the item is on sale, especially as a "loss leader". Okay...correction, I have been known to use a coupon on a product that I would like to try, but do not want to pay full price for; again, hoping to find it on sale at the same time.

I know there are some ladies (and gentlemen) out there that live in areas where the grocery chains have awesome coupon policies. I wish I had the same options. I am starting to utilize CVS' Extra Care Bucks, there seems to be promise to those if you can combine them with coupons. (I will post more on this, once I get a better understanding of it.)

So, if you want to coupon great, find a system that works for you and use it. But please remember that not all coupons equal a good deal.

No comments: