Monday, November 13, 2006

New recipe

I tried a new WW friendly recipe yesterday. It is called "Slow Cooked Tuscan Styled Sausage and Bean Soup". I was nervous fixing this for the family because one of the ingredients was Kale. Now, I have no qualms about that, but I love soups with different ingredients and one of my favs is "Italian Wedding Soup", which has spinach.

ANYWAYS..... The kids liked it. Now, they didn't LOVE it, but that is okay. I can handle "like". :-D DS7 also ate ALL the kale in the soup!!!!!! He wasn't too excited about the beans, but he ate what I told him he had to. I was just stunned by the Kale. He even said he "kinda liked it". Well, that will be a soup that will show up on our dinner table again. (Only 4 points for 1 1/3 cups)

I also took some day old italian bread, sliced it and then turned it into garlic toast. Very nice meal on a cold, windy and wet day.

Things are quiet here on the homefront. Today is cold and windy, but at least dry. I need to bake some goodies for the school play tomorrow night, but other than that, just normal daily Monday chores.

**OH, thank Kayla for you comment on my previous post. It made me smile!**

No comments: