Friday, February 02, 2007

Profanity from parents

What is wrong with people today???

I was in Walmart today and this woman was yelling at her son and using profanity! I just stood there looking at with a "you have got to be kidding me" look to my face!

It seems that the little boy (around 5) had an accident in his pants. Well, the mother's response (in part), "I can not believe you s*&^&&& in your pants! You are old enough to know not to be s*&^%%^*% in your pants. I can't beleive you!" Then she turned and saw me with my "look", and actually looked embarassed. She then turned and went down the aisle.

It is bad enough that people don't seem to have a large enough vocabulary that they need to use profanity in their every day language, but for a MOTHER to talk to her little one like that just floored me!

Is it just me that is surprised by this type of behaviour? Am I a little naive? I don't know about that, but I do know that the look on that little guys face just tore me to pieces!

No comments: