Thursday, February 22, 2007

Stratagies for saving money on groceries.

I want to start adding more "frugal living" ideas to this blog. I mean, that WAS the reason I started this thing to begin with. LOL

So, today I am going to share ONE of my strategies for saving money on groceries.

Today's Topic: The Price Book

It is a simple 4 X 6 notebook, with pages that can be removed and added. The prices listed in mine are now mostly Aldi (a small grocery store) prices. If I can beat their price, I know it is a good deal. I do have some other stores listed, but not as much as I used to.

This has helped me to find some really AWESOME deals. I can really tell if a "manager's special" REALLY is special. It also helps to know if a "loss leader" is worth a special trip to a store.

It takes some time to set up a price book, but the savings in the future is really worth the investment of your time now.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

*hold up a picket sign that reads "ILOVE ALDI"*