Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I got the long term substitute teaching position!

I will be teaching first grade! I am guaranteed until mid-January! Then it will depend on if the regular teacher can get early dismissal from her tour of duty or not.

She is trying to save up her leave time to get done early, but if not, I will be subbing until mid May!

I am so excited and honestly, an tad scared!

I brought home a stack of teachers reference materials to start getting an idea of what I will be doing!

I also need to start bulk cooking some, since I will be working full time AND taking two online courses. LOL Talk about jumping in feet first! LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog doing some google searching. I am also a wife, mothr and Jehovah's Witness who will be teaching first grade this year. I have been teaching for 7 years but never in a self contained class. Do you have any ideas on how you are going to handle birthdays and holidays? I am trying to think what to tell parents and would love to share ideas

Unknown said...

Glad to hear it Molly. You will do fine. You have a gift.
hugs
mel