Friday, May 09, 2008

I think I have adopted three little ones today.......

birds, that is!


Photobucket


They are casualties of our storms last night. Their nest was on the ground, and I just couldn't leave them there to become a meal to some animal.

I put them on our porch... fed them watered down puppy food and then when I stepped inside to check on our dinner (washing my hands thoroughly)...I come to the window to see momma bird feeding them some worms! I could not beleive it.

Now I have a different problem... they are not safe on the front porch, at least not where they are now....but I have no idea where to put them so that momma can get to them, but nothing else can!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have hanging plants? I ask because we had a nest in one last year. You could put the nest there and the momma could get to it, but it would keep babies mostly save.

Just a thought...

Melissa said...

Oh sweetness!! I hope you find a safe spot for them!!