Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Getting back on the frugal bandwagon.

Okay,

I have been a bit lax on my planning in the grocery/meals department lately. (I know, that is not a new thing!)

This seems to be my "issue" when it comes to frugality! I just get tired of it! Plain and simple. It happens a couple times a year, but usually only for a couple weeks at a time. This time, it has lasted longer than normal. I am sure I could come up with all sorts of reasons "why" or excuses, but it really just comes down to the fact that I just did not WANT to.

So.... I am figuritively kicking myself in the rear and getting out my menu sheets, cookbooks and figuring what I have in the freezer and using that up with what is on sale each week!

Tonight will be chicken and dumplings because it is cold and rainy... perfect weather for a stew-like dish!

Wednesday will be spagetti with homemade bread.

Not sure about the rest of the week....but will get that planned before Thursday morning! LOL

With prices going up, I can not take the luxury of NOT planning and sticking to those plans.

I need to re-read my own stratigies for keeping my grocery budget down! (I need to go search my blog history for those posts! LOL )

3 comments:

Moni said...

You're not writing about you...I am just sure you have been spying on my in Missouri! LOL. I so understand where you are at. I think we all ebb and flow in our intentions to do better.

Joining you with that kick in the pants. We can do this together!

Sheree said...

I get that way from time to time too....sometimes it would be nice to just be able to buy whatever, whenever...but then my frugalness kicks back in and I have to start all over again!

Kayla said...

Where are ya?!? LOL

You've been tagged:

http://armyoffive.blogspot.com/2008/05/tagged.html