Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Condoning actions by silence......

Okay, this is somehting that I have been thinking on for quite a while now.

I used to be a part of a group, a group of women with some varying personalities. Some stronger than others. Some that did things and "said" things that I did not agree with. I, very erroneously, thought that if I did not participate in the actions or words of the stronger personalities that I was "unblemished". That I would not or could not be colored by what they did or say. I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG!

Because I associated with this group, whatever they did also reflected back on myself. Especially since I kept silent about it! If I had taken a stand and said I did not agree, that would have been better. But, and this is a large BUT.... I still am guilty of the same sins because I not only kept silent, but I STAYED associating with that group! (1 Corinthians 15:33)

I am sorry, truly sorry for anyone that was hurt during that time! I did beleive I was "staying out of it" by my silence. I know now that is not correct and will do my best in the future to keep that from happening again!

3 comments:

Donna B said...

All we can do is learn from our failings and mistakes. I think we all have done that.

BTW -- Tag!

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I have been in that position, too. I think age and maturity have helped me feel more comfortable speaking out.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.