Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What I have been thinking about......

I just submitted my letter of resignation to a Company that I have been a part of for over 6 years! Not exactly a short tenure, to be sure. I would like to share what my letter consisted of (identities have been changed for obvious reasons):

Pray for clarity and wisdom for all of the parties involved.

From "The Expert", posted at 7:16 pm Friday, February 15th, 2008 (I would do the normal quote function, but this post is no longer there. Thankfully, I saved it to my hard drive.)

You know, I have been taking the above advice. Actually I have been praying about this type of stuff for a while now….but have received quite a bit of clarity in the last couple of days. And NOT in a direction I would have expected at one time.

I have been studying the account in Titus that so many women here want to project:

“Likewise let the aged women be reverent in behavior, not slanderous, neither enslaved to a lot of wine, teachers of what is good; 4 that they may recall the young women to their senses to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be sound in mind, chaste, workers at home, good, subjecting themselves to their own husbands, so that the word of God may not be spoken of abusively.” (Titus 2:3-5)

To be brutally blunt, I have not seen much of this being displayed here.

“be reverent in behavior, not slanderous” … hmm reverent? Let’s see how the KJV words this “behaviour as becometh holiness”… holiness. I like that term, but have not seen much from many that I would describe as holy. Holier than thou, yes, but not holy.

How about the “not slanderous” part? People that make severe accusations would be wise to provide proof, otherwise, it will/can be seen as “slanderous”! Accusing ANYONE of doing something wrong should be done with proof, otherwise it is WRONG! Again, I like the way it reads in the KJV; “not false accusers”…please provide proof.

“teachers of what is good”… I like to learn from people that teach by example. I have never been one for “do as I say, not as I do” kind of teaching. There are not many here that I want to learn anything scriptural from lately.

“so that the word of God may not be spoken of abusively”…nothing that has been written lately supports this scripture. Wow…not the best witness for Christ!


Useless questions! That stings! To have anyone say to another person that is striving to find correct answers to concerns in their life, that have a great impact on their life, that their questions are useless is beyond hurtful! Talk about using a sharp knife! If you do not like a question someone is asking….then I think you need to look within yourself to see WHY the questions bother you so much! Do not get defensive, but use it as an opportunity to study and re-confirm your own beliefs. Don’t beat the person down, that is not loving nor is it treating someone like a Christian should.


Please know that under the layer of yuck of the last few days is a solid core of faith filled women, ready to reach out and help those who wish it. Not in anger, not in arrogance, but in love. Do not hesitate to ask.

Quote from "The CEO", posted at 6:26 pm, Thursday, February 14th, 2008. (Again, I would have done the traditional method to quote, but the post is no longer there. Thankfully I saved it to my hard drive.)


I wish this was true….I honestly do! But I have not seen this lately. I see A LOT of “I know better than you” attitude being played by several here. Humbleness is not being portrayed. No one here is an expert on the Holy Scriptures! No one’s husband is an expert, no matter how many years of school they have attended. So please do not try and portray anyone as such. “Has presumptuousness come? Then dishonor will come; but wisdom is with the modest ones.” Proverbs 11:2.

For someone that touts that they will not listen to someone else’s husband….they sure seem to allow a certain "Expert" to portray her husband as an authority, and thus making themselves an authority by default.

God allows things to happen to teach people things. (Quote from "The CEO")

But will you take this opportunity to learn also? Or will you dismiss it as just an attack on you and this site? Who says that the incidents of late are not God’s way of letting you know that maybe some things on "The Company" need to be re-evaluated? Teaching goes BOTH ways, but are you willing to listen?

Thank you for letting me voice my concerns.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Molly Sue,
I just wanted you to know that I read your most recent thread on Ph. I went to sent you a PM, letting you know that I admire you for speaking up for those who no longer can on that forum. When I went to send it, you were no longer able to recieve a PM and your thread was removed, and you were no longer listed as a member. This no way surprises me as I am sure it does not surprise you. How very sad the whole situation is. Democracies that turn into dictatorships, are never a good thing.

Suzen

Sheree said...

Wow. I did not realize that you had been at the Company for even longer than I had. I know that there are a few members who have been there longer, but I hadn't realized that you had LOL!

What I find really sad is that the Company removes any and all memo's that might make the Visitors look at the CEO and question the CEO's activities.

Anonymous said...

Molly,

I am sorry that you are going through this. The "company" was such a good, pleasant place to work at for a while.

I have found that being away from the company, however, was the best thing for me and for my family. The Lord works everything for the good of those who love Him. All we can do is to pray for all involved. I have found that, even though I have been gone a year or so, that the company still seems to come up from time to time. That is good as it reminds me to pray, to be humble, to be earnest (each of which I forget!). I do wish that things could have been different, without strife and turmoil.

God bless you! Arrow Sparrow

Whirlwind Woman said...

Leaving The Company was the best thing I ever did! I had no idea how oppressed I felt until I was suddenly free to discuss anything I wanted, be friends with anyone I wanted, and no one judged me on whether or not my thoughts were "Godly Enough". The one blessing to come of all of it, is that I now know who I am, and what is important to me.

Molly-you and Sheree have both said it better than I ever could.

Blessings to you!

Cari
Coyotemist

Kayla said...

Add me to the list of a lighter, easier to breathe person after leaving said site. We are all blessed for out time there, but even more blessed for getting out.

Anonymous said...

I am so going to miss seeing you around, will have to add your blog to my favorites to keep tabs:)

Molly said...

Thank you all for your comments. Please know that I requested that my account be deleted.

That fact should not be held against "The company" or "management".

I just felt that it was what I needed at this time.

Again, thanks for the words of comfort.

Anonymous said...

I read your and others that have left the company. Please accept my Christian love and blessings. I do have to admit I have been hurt for a long time as a Christian who prayed with and for, loved and only tried to be positive and loving while on the board .....I have been gone for a long time . I was talked about , rumors spread and hurt by some of you leaving now...and well I guess glad you are seeing the light but do have to say while you were judging me, my family and why I left .I just didn't come out and put posts about the company , or justifying myself led some of you to keep it up. I have forgiven and moved on but well now you know how some of the rest of us who left before you felt.

Molly said...

HI Anonymous,

I am sorry you were treated that way. I am sorry if I, in any way, treated you in a poor fashion.

I apologize. I would like to be able to apologize to a "person" instead of just an "anonymous"...but understand if you feel uncomfortable using your name. If you ever want to contact me, please do so at onefrugalmom@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Anonymous....

I too am sorry that you are hurting! Your post was gracious and honest. Please let me encourage you to contact those who might have hurt you and tell them. I do want to offer something for thought: some times people will say that others were talking about us behind our backs, saying mean things. However, sometimes that is untrue OR a comment was taken so terribly out of context to the point where it does not mean how it was intended. If you actually saw someone post something ugly about you, then tell that person. However if someone just TOLD you that someone said something, that may or may not be accurate. Please consider Matthew 18:15-17--if someone has sinned against you, or you think she did, ask! That way she can either correct, give the truth, and ask forgiveness if she was weak in that moment. We are all growing and changing. It is scary to confront someone, especially if you think that they have sinned against you, but they might NOT have....especially if you have heard it from another source. There are a LOT of truths, half truths, and flat out error floating around both the boards and the IM's. Even if it was from someone who is trust worthy, did they hear it from someone who was also trustworthy? Best to go to the direct source and ask!
If I did sin against you, whoever you are, here is my email: atropine2003@yahoo.com Please let me know what I did and allow me to ask forgiveness, because I would not mean to hurt people.

Sheree said...

Annonymous,

It is very possible that I was one of the ones who hurt you. If that is the case, please email my and let me know. There are many that I am still trying to find to apologize and seek forgiveness. If you are one of them, go to my blog and get my email and email me...or you are welcome to also leave a comment.
Sheree(coveredinglory)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm glad I found this and I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the way I do. My tenure at the Company has come to a close, also. It's been coming for a while, but lately it's becoming more and more apparent that there are a select few in the "clique" so to speak who are permitted to do whatever, whenever, and the rest of the members are pretty much either ignored or shot down before they can get a word in edgewise. Sorry this happened to you Molly, and I do believe our time will be better spent elsewhere.