Saturday, February 23, 2008

It is now confirmed....

My living room is part of the BURMUDA TRIANGLE! LOL

Things mysteriously disappear in my living room!

Latest victim: The right lens to my son's glasses!

Yes, you heard me correctly... his lens has disappeared, even though it feel out in the LIVING ROOM. My sweet DH and I spent three, yes that says THREE, hours searching the room for that little lens! We moved furniture that has not been moved sinced we bought this house! I took things off of shelves and went through anything, anywhere it could have gone. Nope, nada, nothing!

Okay, why go through all that trouble, well our insurance will not cover another pair of glasses until the end of June. So a new pair would be out of pocket at this time. So finding that lens would me just repairing the glasses, not replacing them!

Fast forward to today... found out that replacing the lens and fixing the frame (if it could be fixed) will cost approximately $75-100 dollars! Not what I want to spend, but will because the poor kid really needs his glasses!

I was talking to my sweet DH that I knew there was a place where you could get a pair for cheaper... I just could not remember the name. So, off to the internet I went! LOL Found the company "America's Best" Eye care.... we got a new eye exam and TWO pairs of glasses for ....... $69.95 total!

So.. not only did I save money on what the replacement+repair would cost, but we will have a spare pair of glasses. They are cute frames! One are gold colored wire rim...and the other are blue wired rimmed!

Seriously, unless you need more than a single prescription, they are the cheapest around... almost cheaper than with our insurance! Probably cheaper when you consider the fact that you get two pairs! (The lady that helped us pick out the frames told me that most adults get one regular pair and the other as sunglasses)

Anyways... just thought I would share my last couple of days...plus the information on America's Best for anyone out there that is dealing with eye care needs!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Just be wary of America's Best if you have any "special needs" when it comes to your vision, it'll cost a LOT more.

Molly said...

I kinda figured that... LOL That is why DH will continue to get his at our normal place.

Myself, I still need only a simple script...and I do get anti-glare, but I might call and see how much that is... becuase if I can get two pairs... It might be cheaper for me.

Sheree said...

Cool. I might take the younguns prescriptions there and get the extras that we always end up needing