Monday, December 17, 2007

Candy making...

Okay, there is just something about the cold weather of this time of year....plus the sale prices of baking items, that make me want to bake and candy make! LOL

Last night I tried a new microwave fudge recipe. I used some clearance priced bags of hearshy's mint chips....a can of Aldi's brand of evaporated milk, a dash of vanilla.... Not bad, price-wise!

I hope the will turn out. hehehe They (I made two batches) seemed a bit too "runny" to me, but I have never made fudge this way...so I am not sure if that was right or not. LOL

They seem to have set up, and I hope to cut them into squares later. (I hope to take pictures later!)

I have some "candy" coating that I hope to make some peppermint bark later.

What are some "tried and true" EASY candy recipes that you use?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to confess... I don't make candy. Unless you count chocolate dipped peanutbutter ritz crackers as candy.