Thursday, October 18, 2007

Guess who is going to college???

Well, if you guessed me...you are correct! LOL

I took my placement testing on Tuesday, but will not learn my results until I go to new student orientation on November 27th. (Have I ever mentioned how I am not the moost patient of people!)

The reading portion seemed easy, but the math...well, hopefully I did not completely bottom out on that one! LOL

I am going to study to be a teacher! Who would have thunk it!!

Besides making some rather major life decisions... not alot has been happening. This past weekend was the Maryland Renaissance Festival. I will post pictures once I get them onto the computer.

Oh... some friends of our kids were in two different car accidents this weekend! The first was on Friday... DS's girlfriend flipped her truck. She walked away with only some bruises, but her truck was totaled. (Yes, she was VERY fortunate!)

Then Sunday on our way back from the festival, we get a call that DD's good friend had been in a very serious accident and was thrown through the windshield of her car. She was not as fortunate as the other friend, but she is alive. She broke her neck and had to have surgery. So far, things are looking good, but it will be a long recovery for her. We are hoping and praying that she will continue to improve. So far, she is not showing any signs of paralysis....we hope that also continues.

Oh....I had a slight fender bender on Monday, but it was all cosmetic and no injuries, but boy, did it shake me up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started college (Kent State University) in 2002 at age 47 and graduated with honors four years later. It seemed overwhelming at first, but I learned to set small goals, to make friends with other untraditional students (for support)and to take advantage of many of the programs and services offered by my university. It will be hard at first, but the feeling of accomplishment and the many memories you'll have for the rest of your life will be worth it!