Saturday, September 22, 2007

So, what did you do today? Well, funny you should ask.....

I spent the first half of the day watching basketballs filled with water shot from a pressure cannon! LOL

Then...I got to ride on a four-wheeler for the first time in my life to head out in the field to watch said basketballs land almost a mile away from where they started!

Huh? You are thinking.. here is the background...

My sweetie plays poker with some people he met here in town, and one of the guys participates in something called "Punkinchunkin". This is usually done WITH pumpkins, but since he is just practicing and getting his cannon geared up for the competition in November, he uses basketballs filled with water.

He also shot a bowling ball, but we could never find where that landed.

I also got to ride on a 4-wheeler for the first time. Now that was an experience! Okay, thankfully, I wore pants that day or I would have never done it. hehehe The man driving the machine was not my husband, so first it felt weird to get on behind him. LOL (sweetie was riding behind another guy on another one)... Then I tried to only hold on by the bars on the back of the 4-wheeler... let's just say, that I got over my qualms about holding onto a man other than my husband REALLY quick! Otherwise, I would have fallen off! That is not what you want to happen on one of those things at 40 MPH!

So... we all had fun, I kidded with sweetie that we are "officially country" now! (and that is not in a bad way....so do not take it that way!) The kids had fun in the corn fields and are a dirty, dirty mess. Ian was alittle bummed because he did NOT get to ride on the 4-wheeler, but he will get over that disappointment.

We hope to be able to go up to Delaware when the competition happens...it is not very far and sweetie seems to want to go... :-)

No comments: