Saturday, July 28, 2007

Things on my mind lately.....

There have been a few things that I have been debating on blogging about. From not sure how I would word it....all the way to not knowing how "others" would react to what I wrote. (LOL, like I have such a large influence out in cyber-world!)

First off.... Modesty "for men"!

Okay...I am not saying that I think the male of our species should go around naked.....but is there all that much to be concerned about???

There is a thread on a message board about this topic, that has opened my eyes to what some people believe concerning this issue. I have always been an advocate for modesty...nothing flashy or "sexy". I also do not endorse having little girls look like miniature adults. I make sure that my daughter does not wear anything too short or too tight.

But you know what? I have never put THAT much thought into what my son wears. I mean, I make sure his shorts are not too short or too tight, but not ALLOWING shorts or even sleeveless T's???? I would never imagine putting those kind of restrictions on him! Also, my husband would request I see a doctor if I did!

I also believe that there are certain situations that allow for being without a shirt (if you are a male)! Swimming is a good example. I do not require my son to wear a shirt while swimming, or when running through the sprinkler in the back yard! I do not see anything wrong with a male wearing a tank top type shirt or even going shirtless when working out in the hot sun or in a hot house. Would I allow that type of dress while visiting friends or going to the store? No, of course not. That would be inappropriate.

Does that mean my son is immodest? Not as far as I am concerned.....nor is there anywhere in the Bible that states exactly HOW we are to dress. There are guidelines, nothing else.

Another thing on my mind: Predestination.

I know...what a weighty subject! LOL Now, this is the subject that I believe might cause a reaction some that read my blog. Although I apologize if I hurt any ones feelings....this is what I believe and feel on this matter, I am not sorry for that.

To me...there is nowhere in the Bible that tells us that Jehovah has already "chosen" all that He will save. If that was the case, there would be no free will (Galatians 6:7) and what use would Jesus' sacrifice had been if we were all predestined! (Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) That would also have meant that God set Adam and Eve up! He would have "planned" for them to disobey Him and bring sin and death into the world! Not a very loving thing for Him to have done! (1 John 4:8)

Also, it seems rather arrogant to believe that "I was chosen and YOU were not!" We are to be humble (James 4:6)....and to me, that is NOT a humble attitude!

Well, I think that will be all for now.

No comments: