Saturday, December 16, 2006

That will teach me to say nothing exciting has been happening...

Okay....so I made my post earlier. Went to do dishes and my phone rings.

DsS17 calls to tell me that he has been burned at work and needs to go to the ER!

Well.....my day goes nothing as planned after that.

Got the kids in the car, call DH on my way and get to D's job. He comes out before I am halfway across the parking lot. I look at his hand....very red, but only alittle blister!

Get in the van and head to the ER. Thankfully they were almost empty. We go back almost immediately.

They clean his hand and his forearm. (There is tea leaves all over it) Then they apply silver "something" (I can not remember what, but it's for burns). It is then loosely bandaged. Oh, before doing this, they give him a vicadin to help with the pain.

Then I got extra guaze, more of the silver stuff and instructions on how to clean the burned areas.

Most was just first degree burns, with some areas of second degree. He was very fortunate, because it could have been ALOT worse.

Now, he is laying in bed, bored as can be. Plus his is bummed because he really needed the money and now he can not work. But he does get out of any writing this week in school. ;-)

1 comment:

Kayla said...

YIPES! Hope he heals quick.

Was it colloidal silver?