Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Molly, Molly quite contrary.....how does your garden grow?

The garden in doing very well, considering the heat we have been having.

Here are a couple of pictures:

Photobucket
My cukes.

Photobucket
My squash.

My peppers, tomatos and beans are coming along nicely also. I will take pictures of those later.

After checking on our garden... I went around front to finally get my herbs planted. I got my thyme, dill, oregano, spearment planted. Went on to plant my sweet basil... when I noticed that the soil seemed to have been "disturbed". I just figured something had been messing with them... no biggie, they looked good. Got my hole dug and loosened the container, flipped the plant over and.........

Photobucket

This plopped into my hand along with the dirt. Let's just say that I jumped a foot and screamed a bit! LOL

Okay... I am NOT afraid of toads...but when I am NOT expecting one to come out of my herb container, I am taken by surprise! LOL

S/He was not a happy camper either! LOL I beleive I woke it rather suddenly! LOL

Photobucket

So... any interesting garden stories you would like to share?

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Your garden is growing so nicely! And that poor toad LOL. He must have gotten the surprise of his life. How on earth did he get in that pot?

Unknown said...

Love your garden, Molly! The toad is cute. How dare you disturb his home? Remember, Wind in the Willows, maybe he thought it was Toad Hall!