Saturday, November 17, 2007

Taking advantage of the special "sales" this time of year

Okay, I have already been able to take advantage of some rather "sweet" deals so far this "holiday" season.

I have been able to re-stock my flour supply with Pillsbury brand bread flour to the tune of $.69 for 5 lb. bags. My Aldi's has reduced the price of sugar to $.99 for a 5 lb. bag, and their eggs are currently $.69 a dozen. The cheapest by far of any other place around here!

I am not sure if I am going to get the price on butter that I have in the past ($.99 a lb.), but I have been able to get it for $1.89 a lb at Aldi's and $1.99 a lb at Walmart....so, although I would love a "great" sale...I can at least get a decent price at those two places.

So, am I the ONLY one that loves the sales for these items this time of year?

2 comments:

Kayla said...

GIRL!!! Colour me jealous!!! The cheapest I've found eggs lately is $1.19, flour at 99¢ & sugar at $1.99 a 5-lb bag. Butter's the same here as yours, the $1.99 box I can get is Land of Lakes right now (among store brands. Um, yeah, genius, I think I'll get the name brand! LOL).

I love the sales too! Been watching them like a hawk!

It's GREAT to see your post. I've missed you!

Lisa B. said...

I love Aldis!

During the summer when i have to go into the city (35 miles one way) for a part time job twice a month I would stop at Aldis.

Now that it's winter and I dont have to go to part time job, the mileage/gas is not worth it unless I can go and REALLY buy/stock up for a month or more.

But dang, their prices are great on eggs, flour, sugar, soup, meat, fresh fruit, potatoes. I can buy so much with $50 dollars there.

Now I'm missing Aldis. I'll have to plan a big shopping trip.