Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Never at a computer when I need one...

Okay, why is it that I always think of great things to write about when I am away from the house??? Then, of course, I can never remember my profound thoughts when I get home and have a few minutes on the computer.

I really need to start jotting down my ideas. I do keep a notebook in my purse. I mean, it is my price book, but I do have extra pages in there....and what better place to frugal topics in.

I am starting to get things planned for our vacation in August. DsS16 wanted to know why I was starting now, since it is 3 months before we leave. I just laughed and asked him just what does he need to do to get ready. He said, "Just pack my clothes." I then listed ALL the things I need to get planned organized AND packed before we leave. Not only to I pack for myself and DH, but also the too little ones. Then I have to plan what food to take from here, what I will buy down there, which also involves planning what meal I will fix while there. All this for everyone that is going. Anyways, once I listed things, he looked kinda sheepish and asked if there was anything he could do to help. LOL Gotta love him! I told him I would let him know when the time came. :-)

I am looking into freezer recipes for jams and jellys. I am not sure about canned versions yet, but if I can do some freezer types, I will be happy.

I hit our local thrift shops yesterday.... very disappointing. I really need to head into Manassas for some good finds.

That's all for now.....have a great week.

No comments: