Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Sickie, sickie, sickie...

Well, yesterday the doctor confirmed that ds6 has a stomach virus. I "knew" that was all it was, but after getting a notice last week that a child in his class was diagnosed (sp?) with Bacterial Menegitis....even a seasoned mother can have her worries. The poor thing had been sick since Friday night....so DH and I decided to take him in for a visit. Our doctor is wonderful! They checked him out real good and even ran a CBC to make sure nothing was going on in his blood that we should know about! Just told me to take him home and make sure he drank plenty of gatorade. So far, so good!

This morning has been good. He has really gotten his appetite back! (Thank you!) and seems very restless! I know, it is hard for a 6 year old to stay seated when he has been sick for several days. I told him he can use his energy tomorrow at school! LOL

It has been COLD here lately! My DS16 asked me last night when we were going to turn the heat on...I told him when his father and I decided we needed to! I also gave him that "go put some more clothes on" look! He was standing there in a t-shirt and shorts!!!!!!!

Next time I will tell him, "fine I will turn the heat on, but he will get the next oil bill"...that usually will quiet him up. I love him...but sometimes....LOL

No comments: