Saturday, June 25, 2005

Yard Sale adventures

Okay, so I started the day picking up some old patterns that a very nice lady posted on the local freecycle group, then headed for some yard sales.

First let me state that it has been over two years since I have gone yard-saling. With our move last year and the preparing of the old house for saling the previous summer, I just didn't have the time. So, I figured..."why not?" I have been looking for a pressure canner, and I just can not bring myself to purchase one new, although I might save up for next year, since I have having NO luck finding one this summer. :-(

After almost three hours and $13.00 later, I called it a day. Although I didn't find much, my children loved their new toys.

DS (6) got a toy motorcycle, an out-doors set (bats and balls) and a nice t-shirt. DD (4) got a Dragon Tales game, a bubbles set and a very nice Fisher-Price learning set. The type with a chalk board and templates to write letters and words. She has been playing with that almost non-stop.

DSD (17) got two nice shelves to put up in her room, and I got some books and a wall decoration for my kitchen.

Not bad entertainment for a saturday morning.....maybe next time I will find a pressure canner.

No comments: