Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Book Review: Family Feasts for $75 a Week.

This is a wonderfull cookbook from a blogging mom! You can read about her and her family of 12 at Owlhaven.

After reading the book, I like the wonderful Mrs. Ostyn writes about her family life and how she adapts recipes for her family. I like the easy recipes and her hints on ways to make them even for frugal!

I fixed Chili Corn Pone Pie (pg 112) for my family the other day. Overall it recieved good reviews. The only desenter was my youngest who is not partial to beans, expect of the green variety. LOL For my family, I will make it saucier next time, but there will be a next time with this recipe. Which is a good thing!

So, if you are in the market for a new cookbook, check out "Family Feasts for $75 a Week" by Mary Ostyn.

**I am not receiving any kind of compensation for this review. I even bought the cookbook myself.**

2 comments:

Owlhaven said...

Thanks so much for the review!!

Mary

Brie said...

I have this on my list at paperbackswap...but may have to check it out at the library:)