Friday, February 06, 2009

Checking out the current USDA..

monthly food cost quide. The most recent the site says is available is December, 2008, but I could not get that one to work, so I looked up Novembers. USDA

Since Donny is only here for summers and college breaks, I am calculating our costs on a family of 4. Their "thrifty" plan has me spending $604.90 a month! On my goodness......

My personal goal (and I usually make it) is to spend on $300.00 a month on food and $50.00 on non-food items.

And we live less than an hour from D.C., so our cost of living is not exactly cheap!

What is your family's costs compared to what the .gov thinks you are spending?

1 comment:

Tina said...

I am a family of 5 and we spend too much. It is hard with a baby in diapers. I love your site. I found your link from C2L. I am on blogger too!