Monday, August 18, 2008

General updates on us.....

Okay... I have not posted any pictures because my photo-editing program (the one I love!) did not get transferred to the new computer and I have yet to find one I can tolerate! LOL But I am working on it.

Alright, here is what has been going on in my life for the last couple of weeks:

We were in Maine the first week of the month, which was nice and peacefull and fun! Unfortunately, I got some bad news while we were there! The new superintendant of the school system decided to use his authority and decided that there had to be a substitute with a degree for the assignment I was going to do this year. The principal told him that HR had not found anyone and had ok'd her choice (me) for the position. He would not budge and told her that he did not care WHAT degree the person had, but that they HAD to have one. She was not happy, and of course, neither was(am) I! Although I can understand where he is coming from, just because a person has a degree, does not mean they are qualified to teach a room full of first graders! Oh well, life goes on and I am trying to get a position as a teaching assistant at another school. I will still substitute teach and work for the senior care place until something full time comes my way.

Since I will not be teaching full time, DH has encouraged me to take a full course load of classes this semester! I am scared half to death! I will be taking 4 online classes! I just hope I do not lose my mind in the process!

Our 18 year old is off at college! I was rather "bummed" on the way home. Don't get me wrong, I am so proud of him, but I will miss him! (It helps that he keeps texting me!)

I was able to visit my mom for a long weekend.... it is always nice to visit mom.

This is the final "free" week until the kids start back to school. I have almost all their supplies together...and just a few more things to get before the first day.

Well.... this will be all for now gang!

3 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

Molly, so sorry that you got the news about the substitute job, but especially on your vacation.

I know how bummed your feeling right now about DS going to college. We just took our DS to Buffalo yesterday. Sigh!

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Awww Molly!
I bet you would be just as good if not better than a degreed teacher.

Teaching is not something we learn to do well, to teach well one must love teaching and children. You love both.
Sorry honey
hugs
mel

Unknown said...

Molly...

What a bummer that you are not getting that substitute position. I am sorry. I think you'll do great with the online classes.

I'm sure I'll be right there with you soon on the missing kids thing. Mine started back to school yesterday... I think they like it so far.

(Hugs)

Grace